This is a fun treat, more than a cake, but it tops the list as a favorite for all our kids. It is super important to remove all unpopped kernels before assembling the cake. This recipe comes from a grandmotherly figure in my life, whom I remember fondly, Frances Rohrer.
- Tube Pan
- 4 quarts popped corn, unpopped kernels removed
- 1 pound regular marshmallows
- 1/3 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon flavored gelatin, to color and flavor, optional
- 3/4 cups gum drops, or more if desired
- 1/2 pound salted peanuts optional
- Slowly melt marshmallows and butter. Add gelatin. Stir over popped corn. Add gumdrops and peanuts, if using. Gently pour into a buttered tube pan. Cool. Remove from pan and slice on plate. Slice with serrated knife.