Fruit Compote for Pancakes, Waffles, and Ice Cream
This simple delicious fruit compote is great on pancakes, waffles, and ice cream, or straight from the dish as a sweet treat! This is excellent served over sour cream pancakes.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Sweetener of choice, stevia, erythitol, raw sugar More to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 Cups Fresh or frozen berries Blueberries, mixed berries, etc
- In medium saucepan, combine sweetener and cornstarch. Add water and stir well. Add berries. Bring to boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve warm over pancakes or waffles. Or refrigerate.
Our daughter loves these berries chilled in a packed lunch. When I say 6 servings, that’s for people who will share. Our 53-pound 8-year-old will literally eat almost an entire batch in one day if I let her.
This fruit compote is delicious with these sour cream pancakes!
Sour Cream Pancakes
This is hands-down, our family’s favorite pancake recipe. Sometimes I exchange the sour cream for Greek yogurt. I often make these on Saturday mornings and then use the leftovers for hearty snacks after swim lessons. Add peanut or almond butter and honey or maple syrup to make them a more nutritious snack. They’re also delicious served with our Fruit Compote Recipe! Add some whipped cream on top of both for a dessert!
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar We use raw
- 4 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sour cream OR Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Fresh or frozen blueberries, optional Our son prefers chocolate chips, so I just add them to his while I’m frying them.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In another boil, beat eggs and add milk, sour cream or yogurt, and butter, and mix well. Stir into dry ingredients, just until blended. Fold in blueberries, if using. Pour onto hot griddle, using 1/4 cup measuring cup. Flip when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Fry on second side until golden brown.