Fruit Compote for Pancakes, Waffles, and Ice Cream
- 2 tablespoons Sweetener of choice, stevia, erythitol, raw sugar More to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 Cups Fresh or frozen berries Blueberries, mixed berries, etc
- In medium saucepan, combine sweetener and cornstarch. Add water and stir well. Add berries. Bring to boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve warm over pancakes or waffles. Or refrigerate.
This fruit compote is delicious with these sour cream pancakes!
Sour Cream Pancakes
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar We use raw
- 4 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sour cream OR Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Fresh or frozen blueberries, optional Our son prefers chocolate chips, so I just add them to his while I’m frying them.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In another boil, beat eggs and add milk, sour cream or yogurt, and butter, and mix well. Stir into dry ingredients, just until blended. Fold in blueberries, if using. Pour onto hot griddle, using 1/4 cup measuring cup. Flip when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Fry on second side until golden brown.