Creamy Cheese Dip
A family Super Bowl staple! This is a basic cheese sauce I make for nachos, for macaroni, for just about anything. It’s creamy, simple, and absolutely delicious!
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce block) Cream cheese
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar I use a block and shred the cheddar myself so it doesn’t have the pulp to keep it from sticking together. It melts better this way.
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked paprika (optional)
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for about 30 second. Add milk, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar, stirring continously until cheese is melted. Add salt and paprika if using.