Corn Chip Salad
A crowd pleaser and seldom ANY leftover, BUT, it is terrible as leftovers so just a fair warning. The lettuce gets wilty and the corn chips soggy after a few hours, so plan to make just as much as you need for one meal. This recipe is easily doubled for crowds.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped small
- 1 lbs. bacon fried and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1/2 bag corn chips broken
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 medium onion
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard not powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
For the Salad
- Fry bacon and set aside. When using for a salad like this, I snip it into the skillet with scissors so it fries easily and is already crumbled when done. Chop lettuce and put in large bowl. Add cheese, bacon, and corn chips.
For the Dressing
- Combine all ingredients into a blender, (I use my smoothie maker) and process until smooth. Pour over salad and mix well. This dressing is also delicious on Cole slaw and other salads, too!