Regina's Mississippi Mud Bars
A mash-up of two recipes, this dessert is loved by the masses! Peanut allergy alert, but aside from that, you'll win the dessert table with this creation every time.
For the Cake
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 7 oz. each tubs of marshmallow creme OR
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
For the Cake
- Cream butter and sugar together and mix wellAdd eggs and mix wellMix in cocoa powder, flour, and baking powderSpread onto a greased 10X15 inch (jelly-roll) sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, dollop the marshmallow creme on top of the cake gently. If using mini marshmallows, sprinkle them evenly over the top of the cake. Return to the oven for just a minute or so to melt or soften the marshmallow creme or marshmallows. Even the filling careful with a spoon or spatula.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a pan on medium low heat, stirring frequently. Add Rice Krispies and spread carefully over marshmallow filling as soon as the marshmallows have been spread.