Blackberry or Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake
This melt-in-your-mouth dessert will wow your family and friends. Velvety lemony cheesecake with berry puree swirled through on a gingersnap crust. A little bit of work to make it, but absolutely worth the effort! From A+ Recipes from Hickory Hollow Christian School, submitted by Laura Showalter.
- 1 9-inch springform pan
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookies, crushed about 30 cookies
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 12 oz bags each frozen blackberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 8 oz each packages cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1. Combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of an uncreased 9-inch springform pan. 2. In a blender or food processor, combine berries, sugar, and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth. Pour into saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for two minutes. Sieve or strain to remove the seeds. Set aside 1/3 cup sauce that you will use for serving; cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce. 3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add lemon juice and zest. Mix well. 4. Add eggs and mix just until combined.5. Pour half the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Spoon half of the berry mixture carefully over the cream cheese layer. Add the rest of the cream cheese carefully with a spoon and smooth gently. Spoon the remaining berry sauce of the top. 6. With a knife, cut through top layer only to swirl sauce through.7. Bake at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set. 8. Cool on wire rack for ten minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight. 9. Remove side of pan. Serve cheesecake with reserved berry sauce.