Black Bean Salad Wraps
Quick, easy, healthy, delicious! These are great for packed lunches! Better yet, I can feed our family of six on less than $5 (per entire meal, not per person) by cooking the dried beans instead of using canned.
- 3 cups black beans, cooked or 2 15 oz cans, rinsed and drained
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped small Can use 1/2 cup sweet pepper instead
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped optional
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 1/2 cup mayo, can use vegan optional
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- tortilla wraps
- lettuce or spinach
- salsa optional
- Rinse and drain black beans, (If using dry beans, cook to package directions, first.) Take a potato masher or pastry cutter, or fork and partially mash the beans, but also leaving some whole. Add in the peppers, cilantro, smoked paprika, lime juice, and mayo if using. (If you don't want to use mayo, just mash the beans more.) Stir well.Spread bean mixture on wrap, add a layer of spinach or lettuce and salsa if desired, and roll to eat.