Summer Corn Salad
Refreshing, healthy, and a great way to use excess garden vegetables. This dish is an excellent picnic addition or to eat at home or work on hot summer days.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn or whatever leftovers you have
- 1 large fresh garden tomato diced
- 1 large onion (sweet preferred) diced
- 1 handful fresh basil (or to taste) chopped small
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- salt and/or pepper to taste optional
- Use leftover fresh sweet corn or husk and silk fresh corn and boil covered in water for 4 minutes. Cool, then cut off the cob with a sharp knife. Add the rest of ingredients. Stir and enjoy immediately or refrigerate.