Spiced Tea for Health
Reminiscent of Chai Tea, this drink is nutritious and immune-boosting and well worth the time to prepare. I make it with almond milk, but you can adjust to your preferences. See notes about spices below instructions.
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or fresh-grated nutmeg
- 1/2 inch piece freshginger, grated
- pinch *black pepper (Don’t skip this, it’s important to increase turmeric absorption.)
- 1 cup water
- raw honey or stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
Simmer spices and water together in small saucepan for 5-10 minutes. Strain the liquid through a small strainer into the mug you will drink it from. You might need to encourage the liquid through the strainer, because of the collection of spices. Discard the spices. Add your milk and sweetener of choice, then reheat to desired temperature and serve.
Among other amazing benefits of these spices, see below. Research their benefits for yourself and know that sipping this tea is like a tonic to nurture your whole self.
*Turmeric by itself is not absorbed well into the bloodstream. Adding black pepper increases the absorption and its effectiveness 2000 percent!
*Turmeric is known to treat inflammation and is believed to be a powerful weapon against cancer.
*Cinnamon is great for circulation and heart health.
*Ginger root is helpful in lowering blood pressure.